Installing ZenLocator on your custom site
ZenLocator can be easily installed on any website with a few simple steps.
How to install the embed code
If you're new to ZenLocator, you’ll need to set up an account first:
- First, enter your email address on ZenLocator homepage and create your account.
- By default, we have created your first app (which includes several widgets like Search, Map, etc).
On your ZenLocator dashboard:
- Pick the right app, and navigate to the widget you'd like to install on your site, for example Map > Setup, or Directory > Setup.
- Under Embed Code, if you're planning on installing more than one widget on your site, select "I want to show multiple widgets on multiple pages" if it hasn't already been selected. Otherwise, select "I want to show only this widget".
- Now follow the steps to embed your widget on your site.
How does the embed work?
There are usually two tags to install:
<div>tag that's the container for your widget (where your widget will show).
You can include these tags together wherever you want the widget to appear on your site. The advantage is the code will load only on this page, and not on any of your other pages unnecessarily.
<div> code only wherever you want the widgets to appear.
If you run into any issues setting up your widget, please contact us and we will gladly take a look at it with you!